“Meņģeļi” homestead is situated in Vidzeme upland by Lake Pulgosnis, and the Jurjāns family became owners of this place in the early 19th century.
Four brothers Jurjāns were born here: Pēteris (1851–1900), Andrejs (1856–1922), Juris (1861–1940), and Pāvuls (1866–1948), who all were among the founders of the Latvian musical culture.
The territory includes: residential building, barn, stable, sauna, memorial stone, “Gaismas ritenis” (The Wheel of Light), and “Dziesmu kalns” (The Hill of Songs) which is the symbol of the 22nd Latvian Song Celebration.
- Brothers Jurjāns – founders of the Latvian music.
- Barn – summer home for the brothers and a weaving workshop.
- Agricultural tools of the 19th century.
- Let’s go weave!
- Make your own sauna whisk!
- Know the wind instruments!
Guided tours around the museum.
Attractive and musical wedding attractions.
Tent sites, place for fire, black sauna.