* Red, white and sparkling wines at Lubāna winery are made of ingredients from Latvia using the traditional winemaking methods.
* The winemaker Oskars Žvagins first came up with the idea of making wine more than ten years ago when the summer berry harvest was so rich that he did not know what to do with them. Then Oskars remembered that his grandfather used to make wine during the Soviet times and write down the recipes on a cupboard door. With this in mind, he started making his own wine and adapting recipes to modern needs so that wine can be enjoyed at both lunch, dinner and important life events.
* Lubāna winery is located in a former manor’s barn and includes both production facility and tasting room. Visitors are offered excursions around the production facility during which they can ask questions to the winemaker to get closer to his secrets to winemaking.
* The winery currently offers dry, sweet, and sparkling wines, as well as apple distillate.
* The winery also offers external tasting, which means that you can agree on the place where tasting will be arranged, even under the clear sky.
* You can purchase Lubāna winery’s wines at the production facility, points of sales or order them. But wine tastes best where it comes from. Let’s wine!