The uniqueness of the LVM’s Kalsnava arboretum is characterized by the collection of foreign woody plants that adapt to the climate of Latvia to please its visitors with types of woody plants unseen in the typical Latvian landscape.
The LVM’s Kalsnava arboretum is a place to learn the secrets of nature and to quietly spend the day with family or friends, but once the knowledge is acquired, eat your delicious meal at the picnic site.
The visit to the LVM’s Kalsnava arboretum can be concluded with counting the steps at the viewing tower that offers a unique view of the arboretum landscape, which will please and surprise you during every season in Latvia.
During the visit to the LVM’s Kalsnava arboretum, pupils, teachers and everyone interested will learn interesting facts about the collection of nature’s rarities and will have an opportunity to learn the basics of forest management and exploitation in the programme “Green Yard School”.
The special offer of Latvia’s State Forests’ arboretum:
Green Yard School for pupils of various age groups during the academic year.
Creative workshops and excursions throughout the year for children and adults.
In autumn, pupils will have an opportunity to go on a forest expedition!
Dendrologist consultation on cultivating trees and bushes;
Equipped recreation and picnic sites;
Viewing tower (25 m high);
Seminar rooms for hire (up to 60 persons);
Outdoor terrace for hire (up to 25 persons);
Wedding ceremony sites;
A stop for wedding activities;
Materials for florists (cones, seed-pods, seeds, branches);
Seeds of decorative trees and bushes;
Waterlily plants, etc.
LVM Kalsnava arboretum forbidden entrance for pets!
Offer: * Visitor Center.
* Watchtower (height - 25 m).
* Walking trails.
* Guided excursions (+371 27841099,+371 29326912).
* Marriage ceremony place.
* Program for newlyweds and wedding guests.
* Peony garden (diversity of more than 240).
* Consultation provided by a dendrologist.
* Picnick area.
* Caravan or camper connection points (numer of sites - 6, electricity, water).
* Purchase of ornamental trees and shrubs (in the tree farm nearby “Kalsnava”), diversity of 600 types (tel. 26528088).
Information about prices:
* 3.00 EUR for pupils
* 4.00 EUR for students, pensioners;
* 6.00 EUR for adults;
* -25% for admission tickets for 3 + Family card owners;
* 25% discount on the entrance ticket upon presentation of a valid JSC "Pasažieru vilciens" train ticket purchased on the specific day (discounts do not add up).
* Free - children under the age of 7, disabled children and attendant, groups I and II disabled people, politically repressed people;
* Guide services LV – 25.00 EUR;
* Guide services EN, RU – 30.00 EUR.